The College of Arts and Sciences is currently seeking a Land Steward. The Land Steward manages the center's operations, and assures that individuals and groups that use the center/property properly.
• Assures that perimeter fences and irrigation systems are in good repair, grounds are mowed and maintained.
• Works collaboratively with faculty and student groups to ensure a safe and successful experience.
• Executes standard operating procedures developed by Agroecology Management Team.
• Contributes to standard operating procedure refinement and, development.
• Promotes continuous improvement through quality management.
• Supports and advance the Agroecology's Center's Farmer's Market.
• Facilitates a range of gardening and environmental education and training programs.
• Develops beneficial relationships with resource-related professionals in the community.\ • Leads special programs and projects advancing sustainability-level stewardship objectives such as invasive species control and habitat restoration.
• Promotes skill-building, horticultural education and cultural programs and events.
• Provide regular updates and written progress reports, timelines and needs assessments as requested by managers.
• Works with faculty to identify sources of income and external funding opportunities.
• Ensures the unique ecology and character of the center is maintained during its development as a FIU research and teaching center.
Minimum qualifications: Master's degree in an appropriate specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate specialization and six years of experience.
For further information or to apply online, visit our website at jobsearch.fiu.edu reference Job Opening ID # 505139.
For details contact Dr. Krish Jayachandran, Co-director of Agroecology Program, Earth and Environment Department, Florida International University, Miami, FL 33199. Phone 305-348-6553, Fax 305-348-6137, e-mail email@example.com
FIU is an EE/EO/EA Employer & Institution.