2017 High School Internship
A six-week paid internship ($600 total) for five high school students to gain hands-on experience on problems related to agri-science at FIU faculty labs or field sites in South Florida. Program runs from June 19th to July 28th.
Our goals are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity for advanced and accelerated learning in agricultural sciences
- Increase understanding of the role of surrounding natural ecosystems including soils, water, and agro-biodiversity
- Provide students with research and learning opportunities at FIU, area research institutions, local farms, and government agencies
- Develop students’ professional presentation skills
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- A cover letter addressed to the Directors of the FIU Agroecology Program explaining the applicant’s strength of candidacy and interest in the internship
- A recommendation letter from a teacher
- A copy of the applicant’s unofficial High School transcripts
Priority Deadline: April 1st, 2017
Application: Please submit all documents to Mr. Eric Betancourt at email@example.com.
Click HERE to view the flyer
This opportunity is made possible by the USDA-NIFA-HIS Innovative Curriculum for Agriculture Training and Career for Hispanics Grant (2016-03476-2009)